Congratulations to Lake Monger Recreation Club team members, Ron Ansett, Greg Parker, Peter Hill and Jerry Witkowski (emergency) who won the BPL preliminary round. They will now participate in the next round in Joondalup in December.
We also congratulate our last season winners.
Rod Taylor – Singles Champion
Jerry Witkowski – Novice Champion
Ron Ansett, Jerry Witkowski and Peter Hill – Triples Champions
Social Bowls Anyone?
As summer approaches and the nights become warmer, what better way to enjoy a couple of hours of free time by playing Social bowls.
Starting on Tuesday October 27 at 5.30 pm – 7.30pm LMRC will start a 4-week program of Social Bowls for any member wanting to partake. Pairs or triples will be the format.
Only a $2 fee.
Barbecue available for those that want to cook tea.
For more information ring LMRC
Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.
There have been numerous jobs and working bees that we sincerely thank our volunteers.
The Club held a working bee in September and particularly wish to thank the following for their fabulous efforts in the gardens:
- Grahame Davies – wipper snipper
- John Bergin, Jan and Percy Smyth for weeding and general gardening
- Ian Allslop, – trimming the roses
- Gavin for sweeping the greens
We also value the ongoing support of;
- Bill Woodland for ongoing handywork around the Club.
- Greg Parker mowing the lawn
And special thanks
- John Meyer – painting bowling seats
Other Contributions the Club is grateful for:
- John Evan for donation and installation of curtain tracks
- Christine Hill for seamless sewing of cushions and curtains
Also, to the team who have helped with erecting the Shade cloth on C Green. We again that thank Percy Smythe, Rod Taylor, Bill, Woodland, Graeme Davies, Max Andrews and Rob Baugh.
Thanks also to bowling member Michael Hulbert who volunteered his time to give Probus club members an introduction to Bowling earlier this month.